- What a Think Tank is
- Upcoming Think Tank
- Past Think Tanks
- Think Tank XVIII
- Think Tank XVII
- Think Tank XVI
- Think Tank XV
- Think Tank XIV
- Think Tank XIII
- Think Tank XII
- Think Tank XI
- Think Tank X
- Think Tank IX
- Think Tank VIII
- Think Tank VII
- Think Tank VI
- Think Tank V
- Think Tank IV
- Think Tank III
- Think Tank II
- Think Tank I
UPCOMING THINK TANK: PHD BURSARY THINK TANK XIX
Call for PhD Bursary Applications - Closes 10th March 2019
Applications are open for the First BEST EN PhD Student Think Tank Bursary
BEST EN invites PhD Scholars to submit bursary applications for the 2019 Think Tank to be held in San Francisco, California (USA) from June 30 – July 3, 2019 in conjunction with the Department of Recreation, Parks & Tourism, San Francisco State University focusing on the theme of “Creating Sustainable Tourist Experiences”.
Thanks to the generous donations made by our BEST EN friends through the Think Tank silent auctions, we are able to offer a biennial PhD student Think Tank bursary. The aim of the scheme is to provide opportunities for new tourism scholars to participate in knowledge creation and dissemination to support Sustainable Tourism practice, education and research.The bursary includes conference registration, and 4 nights’ accommodation from the 30th of June to the 3rd of July inclusive. A bursary certificate will be presented at the Think Tank awards dinner. Submitted abstracts/papers must have the applicant as the primary author (with the only acceptable co-authors being the primary author’s registered supervisors).
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full or part-time PhD student;Applicants must submit an abstract/full paper (consistent with submission requirements) that is accepted, after revision where requested, by the reviewers;
- Provide a 500 word statement outlining how the applicant believes the bursary will support their interests in, and contributions to, sustainable tourism practice, education and/or research; and
- Provide a supporting statement
from their primary supervisor.
- The successful applicant will be expected to write a 500-1000 word Think Tank report for the BEST EN website following the conference.
- A successful applicant cannot reapply to the BEST EN PhD student
The award will be made based on the merit of the abstract/paper to be decided by a committee of the BEST EN Executive based on reviewer comments and with reference to the applicant’s 500 word statement and supporting supervisor comments. The abstract/paper and attached application form should be submitted by 10th of March 2019.