- What a Think Tank is
- Upcoming Think Tank
- Past Think Tanks
- Think Tank XVIII
- Think Tank XVII
- Think Tank XVI
- Think Tank XV
- Think Tank XIV
- Think Tank XIII
- Think Tank XII
- Think Tank XI
- Think Tank X
- Think Tank IX
- Think Tank VIII
- Think Tank VII
- Think Tank VI
- Think Tank V
- Think Tank IV
- Think Tank III
- Think Tank II
- Think Tank I
PAST THINK TANK: THINK TANK III
- Work on the two module topics: Strategic Management and Events & Meeting Management
- Share practices in effectively teaching sustainable travel & tourism
- Learn about cutting edge sustainable travel & tourism practices in Costa Rica and other countries in Central America
- Participate in theme related sessions on community development, culture and heritage, and conservation
Travel and tourism practitioners and educators discussed how to advance the education and training of the next generation of professionals in the field of sustainability.
Participants had the opportunity to:
- Develop teaching modules on Strategic Management and Events and Meeting Management that incorporate the principles of sustainability into the core curriculum of university and industry-based courses in hospitality and tourism
- Learn about different approaches to education and training that apply the principles of sustainability
- See first hand examples of outstanding practices in Costa Rica
THINK TANK III was held in conjunction with INCAE and EARTH University.
INCAE, Instituto Centroamericano de Administracion de Empresas (www.incae.ac.cr/EN/), is a private, non-profit, multinational, higher-education organization devoted to teaching research endeavors in the fields of business and economics aimed at training and instructing, from a worldwide perspective, individuals capable of successfully holding top management positions in Latin America.
EARTH University , Escuela de Agricultura de la Region Tropical Humeda (http://www.earth.ac.cr), is a private, international, non-profit university offering an education in agricultural sciences and natural resources in order to contribute to sustainable development in the humid tropics.
BEST (Business Enterprises for Sustainable Travel), was an initiative of The Conference Board, in association with the World Travel & Tourism Council, served as a leading source of knowledge on travel and tourism practices that benefit communities worldwide .