- Resources Available
- Teaching Materials
- Research Agendas
- Think Tank Papers & Presentations
- Case Studies
- External Resources
- Referencing BEST EN materials
- Searching BESTEN materials
- Journal Articles
RESOURCES: PAPERS & PRESENTATIONS
|Author :||Krisztian Vas|
|School/Work Place :||Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand|
Although there are numerous birding trails with varying levels of success, prior to this study, little research existed as to how birding trails are designed, implemented and managed. Thus, the study posed and answered the following research questions:
- Who was involved with the planning of birding trails, including which stakeholders?
- Are these public, private or non-profit stakeholders and do they collaborate?
- Who, or which organizations funded trail development?
- How do birding trails meet operating costs?
- Who or what organization is involved with the management and oversight of trail operations?
- Can the birding trail concept be applied in Europe?