- What a Think Tank is
- Upcoming Think Tank
- Past Think Tanks
- Think Tank XVIII
- Think Tank XVII
- Think Tank XVI
- Think Tank XV
- Think Tank XIV
- Think Tank XIII
- Think Tank XII
- Think Tank XI
- Think Tank X
- Think Tank IX
- Think Tank VIII
- Think Tank VII
- Think Tank VI
- Think Tank V
- Think Tank IV
- Think Tank III
- Think Tank II
- Think Tank I
PAST THINK TANK: THINK TANK XVIII
Call for Papers
We warmly invite you to the BEST EN Think Tank XVIII to be held in Lucerne, from June 19-22, 2018 in conjunction with the Institute of Tourism at Lucerne University of Applied Sciences (Switzerland).
The theme of Think Tank XVIII is “Marketing of sustainable tourism products”. Sustainability is becoming more and more important for the long-run competitiveness of tourism destinations and tourism businesses. The development of sustainable tourism products and services is crucial for destinations and service providers in tourism in order to create true sustainable experiences for their guests. The Think Tank endeavors to examine success factors of the development and marketing of sustainable tourism products and services. Some Key questions are: How to make sustainability an attractive experience? How to positively communicate about sustainability issues? How to raise awareness and to involve customers in the sustainability efforts?
The focus of our collaborative Think Tank is on the joint production of outputs including teaching support materials, the BEST EN Online Lecture series and a research agenda. As with previous Think Tanks outputs will be accessible to all (under a creative commons license) for further development and use in teaching and research (e.g. http://www.besteducationnetwork.org).
Participants are welcome to present both state-of-the-art empirical and conceptual research papers providing the basis for inspiring, critical and constructive sessions. We encourage multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary submissions. The range of sub-topics related to “Development and marketing of sustainable tourism products” includes:
- Sustainable tourism products and services – cases, issues, and challenges
- Development of sustainable tourism products, services and events
- Innovation in the development of sustainable tourism products and services
- Digitalization for sustainable tourism products and services
- Stakeholder engagement and co-creation of sustainable tourism products and services
- Marketing and communication of sustainable tourism products and services
- Sustainability labels and certifications
- Demand for sustainable tourism products and services and the role of consumers
- Monitoring, measuring and evaluation of sustainable tourism strategies
- Theoretical and methodological approaches for assessing sustainable tourism products and services
- Contributions of sustainable tourism products and services to destination sustainability
- Other topics relevant to the Think Tank theme and/or sustainable tourism education
We invite potential authors to submit either an abstract or full paper for consideration by the Think Tank’s scientific committee. Early submission of abstracts and papers is encouraged and will expedite the review process for those needing advanced notification of the status of acceptance. The deadline for both abstract and paper submission has now closed. For late submissions please send an email to John Pearce at email@example.com.
Abstracts should be approximately 1,000 words with a title page containing full name and contact information, and follow the structure of a full paper as outlined below. Papers should be no more than 6,000 words in length (excluding tables/references), double spaced and in APA format.
The review process will start on the 1st of December 2017; authors should receive notification of acceptance within 4-6 weeks of submission. Winners of the BEST EN Outstanding Paper Award will be selected from the full papers that best reflect the theme of Think Tank XVIII.
Abstracts and papers will go through a double blind peer review process. Final versions of abstracts and full papers must be submitted by the 22nd of May, 2018, and will be published by BEST EN (under the Creative Commons license) in the Think Tank’s electronic proceedings and will be accessible on the BEST EN website. A condition of paper publication is that at least one author must attend the Think Tank.